problem with web service call from Ajax in Web Application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Sheen, Nov 18, 2007.

  1. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    I have just completed (almost) an exercise to convert a web site to a web
    app (acedemic reasons - just to see the differences).

    A few bumps on the road such as copying class files to the new solution and
    wondering for a while why the classes did not show up. It was because the
    properties for the class file were "content" rather than "compile". Also
    copied all my images to a newly created image folder outside the IDE. There
    is no context menu item to refresh a folder in the Web App so it was out of
    the car and back in to fix that.

    One problem remains. I have Javascript code to log some information. In
    the Web site code it works great. You have to add the
    <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService()> _ (using VB) attribute to the
    class file for the web service and it then works. I copied the same code to
    the Web App and when I do the Javascript call it fails saying it cannot find
    the Web Service.

    Any ideas??

    I have not posted code until someone lets me know what parts of the code are
    needed for helping.

    http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-82.aspx

    This is where I got original code to convert web service to be used from
    AJAX.

    Lloyd Sheen
    Lloyd Sheen, Nov 18, 2007