Problem with window.opener AND window.name IN firefox

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by atlas, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. atlas

    atlas Guest

    Hello eveybody

    Here's my problem:

    I have 2 files:

    File A.html:
    ---------------->
    <script>
    window.name='test';
    alert("cette fenetre s'apelle:"+window.name);
    </script>

    File B.html:
    ---------------->
    <script>
    alert("normalement yahoo devrait s'ouvrir dans la page ou a été loadé
    A.html")
    window.open('http://www.yahoo.com','test')
    </script>

    I open A.html in a window (or tab), and after, i open B.html in another
    new window (or tab).
    Yahoo should be open in the same window that A.html but firefox open me
    a new window.
    Why?

    If you have any comments... thx a lot!
    Have a good day.

    Atlas
    atlas, Sep 7, 2005

  2. atlas wrote:

    > Yahoo should be open in the same window that A.html but firefox open me
    > a new window.
    > Why?

    Security, there were potential exploits reported where people tried to
    look at the window or frame names one web site (e.g. a bank web site)
    and then to use e.g.
    window.open('http://example.com/spoofBankInput.html',
    'bankLoginFrameName')
    to get their own pages opened in a frame belonging to another website
    and then use script to capture keys entered.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Sep 7, 2005