Problem With Winforms UserControl on VS.net design time

CV

Hi,
I'm working on a Win form application which is being developed in VB.Net. I
have created few User Controls quite some time back and implemented them
successfully. Now the problem is, I'm not able to use UserControls using my
VS.NET IDE. When I tried to drag and place the user controls on WinForm
(from Toolbox), it shows an error saying "An exception occurred while trying
to create an instance of Classname.UserControlName. The exception was
'Value cannot be null. Parameter name:path'". And another strange problem
is when I tried to open my existing solution, the controls are missing and
an error is shown like "The Variable 'UserControlName' is either undeclared
or was never assigned.

Could some one please help on this ASAP? Your help is muchhhly appriciated
as we are closed to the deadline.

Thanks in advance,
CV

Christian Kuendig

Maybe you want to debug your usercontrols. It might be an exception being
thrown at design time. the best way to narrow down the issue is to have a
second vs.net open the user controls project, make sure that's up to date
and actually debug the other vs.net by attaching to that process
"devenv.exe".
set up the debugger so taht it breaks into the debugger when ever a clr
exception is thrown ... then, look at the code of the user control and see
what's going wrong

regrads

chris