    i use windows 2000 server
    any suggestion?
    thank you
    top, Jan 25, 2006

  2. top

    Jeff Guest

    well, i am on server 2000 as well

    and mine is basically the same
    response.cookies("username") = username where username is a variable, but I
    don't put the "" around it on the end.
    maybe trying without that.

    Jeff, Jan 25, 2006

  3. top

    Evertjan. Guest

    top wrote on 25 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > when i try to write cookie on ASP page with the line like this
    > <% Response.Cookie ("username")="test1" %>
    > i get the message: object doesn't support this property ormethod:
    > 'cookie' i use windows 2000 server
    > any suggestion?

    What serverside langiuage are you using?

    If it is Jscript, that is case sensitive, so try:

    <% Response.cookie ("username")="test1" %>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 25, 2006
  4. top wrote:
    > when i try to write cookie on ASP page with the line like this
    > <% Response.Cookie ("username")="test1" %>
    > i get the message: object doesn't support this property ormethod:
    > 'cookie' i use windows 2000 server
    > any suggestion?

    Only that you should spell "Cookies" correctly. It is plural.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/html/990e9575-5600-4469-bf17-1680191a462b.asp

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jan 25, 2006
  5. top

    top Guest

    Thank you

    indeed , now seen that is write something, i get a messageon the IE about cookies, BUT i didn't see a cookie file on the directory of cookies where there are the cookies from another sites, should i define something on the server?
    thank you again

    top, Jan 29, 2006
  6. top

    Evertjan. Guest

    Re: Thank you

    top wrote on 29 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > indeed , now seen that is write something, i get a messageon the IE

    please do not change the subject of a thread, but start a new one.

    > ------=_N extPart_000_0011_01C624CA.392A3920
    > <!DOC TYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    > <HTML><HEAD>
    > <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;

    please do not use html on usenet.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 29, 2006
  7. top

    Chi Guest

    SETTINGS THE COOKIE......
    Response.Cookies("uc").Value = txtUsername.Text

    READING THE COOKIE....
    If Not Request.Cookies("uc") Is Nothing Then
    txtUsername.Text = Server.HtmlEncode(Request.Cookies("uc").Value)
    End If

    Chi, Feb 1, 2006