Problem with wsdlHelpGenerator entry

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by tryan@dls.net, Sep 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    This problem has been brought up before, but not solved as far as I can
    tell.

    I have a custom aspx page to build the ouput when browsing my asmx
    page.
    I have added the web.config entry
    <webServices>
    <wsdlHelpGenerator href="WebServiceTestPage.aspx" />
    <protocols>
    <add name="HttpGet" />
    <add name="HttpPost" />
    <add name="HttpSoap1.2" />
    <add name="HttpSoap" />
    </protocols>
    </webServices>

    This works correctly in my dev environment, but fails when I move it to
    a test server. I get a generic
    'Exception in configuration section handler' message with no stack
    trace. It hilites the 'webServices' line as the issue. I have checked
    the following items on the test server:

    1) the web.config and WebServiceTestPage.aspx are both present and in
    the same folder
    2) the default page works if I remove the wsdlHelpGenerator entry, e.g.
    //mysite/myws.asmx
    3) the site properly serves a generic aspx page, e.g.
    //mysite/test.aspx
    4) verified that machine.config contains the configSections entry to
    handle the <webServices> block.
    5) tried removing the <protocols> block.
    6) the dev environment is Version:1.1.4322.2032 and the test server is
    Version:1.1.4322.573, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that
    there a difference btwn these 2 that would matter.

    Any thoughts?
    , Sep 28, 2006