Problem writing to SQL database--please help.

Barnes

I have an asp form that sends data to a redirect page with SQL using JScript. There is a function that I'm using called replace(). The form submits without errors and goes to the redirect page but the data doesn't populate the SQL database. Instead, referrs to the last key ID.
------------------------
<%
function replace(string)
{
var pattern = /\'/g;
var newString = string.replace(pattern, "''");

// Create a database connection.

//Database.Open ("dsn=INTRANET");

// Create a recordset of all information in this table.

// Construct the SQL Query
strSQL = "INSERT INTO " + ...

DirectoryRecordSet.Open (strSQL, Database);

return newString

}

%>

Ray at

A few tips:

Put a Response.end in your code before the redirect, so in the event of an
error, you see it.

Your replace function is fine.

DSNs use an ODBC connection, which is old technlogy. You're best off using
an OLEDB connection with a DSNless connection string.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

When you insert data into a database, there is no need to create a recordset
object. Just execute your SQL command.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2191

Ray at home