problem

wahid

I m in a problem, i need those solution i will never disturb u people
again ok but send me those .

Seebs

If you use any solution given here you really will be stupid. The
regulars here are masters of writing programs for homework questions
that are either riddled with errors or use such contorted C that no
teacher is going to believe they are your work.

If you cannot do any of the problems you have posted then you need to
talk with your teacher because it is only going to get harder from now
on. If you cannot do the basics you have already failed even if you do
not know it yet.

Francis is, of course, correct. When I write answers to homework
problems, they are such that they would make excellent study projects to
learn interesting things about C, but horrible things to hand in to a
teacher.

-s

Beej Jorgensen

I m in a problem, i need those solution i will never disturb u people
again ok but send me those .

Out of curiosity, would you tell us why you need these answers so badly?
These are really basic questions; if they're a prerequisite for
something, you're going to be screwed later no matter what kind of help
you get from this group.

-Beej

Antoninus Twink

Francis is, of course, correct. When I write answers to homework
problems, they are such that they would make excellent study projects to
learn interesting things about C, but horrible things to hand in to a
teacher.

Yes, like the rest of the "regulars", your attitude stinks.

In post after post, you bitch and complain when people ask questions
that are "not about ISO C". Then when someone DOES ask an ISO C
question, you don't want to answer that either - and not only do you
refuse to answer it, but you pretend to give an answer which in reality
is deliberately misleading.

Hardly a constructive attitude, is it? To say nothing of being
completely mean-spirited. Exactly what I've come to expect from you and
your pals amongst the "regulars".

osmium

Beej Jorgensen said:
Out of curiosity, would you tell us why you need these answers so badly?
These are really basic questions; if they're a prerequisite for
something, you're going to be screwed later no matter what kind of help
you get from this group.

The questions are not from any decently designed course. There are trivial
questions and then out of the blue, the towers of Hanoi. That looks more
like he is browsing a text book, rather than taking a course. An
alternative would be questions collected over the total span of a course.
If it IS a course in process, it is pretty awful.

scattered

The questions are not from any decently designed course.  There are trivial
questions and then out of the blue, the towers of Hanoi.  That looks more
like he is browsing a text book, rather than taking a course.  An
alternative would be questions collected over the total span of a course.

I think this is the most likely explanation. An end of the semester
deadline would also explain the apparent desperation. Perhaps these
are missed assignments and the professor is giving him the opportunity
to turn them in for partial credit.

Flash Gordon

Francis said:
Antoninus Twink wrote:

Are you for real? How would doing someone's homework be helpful? It is

<snip>

Do you really think he posted them to be helpful? He's a troll and did
it to try and get a rise out of people, because he knows a lot of people
actually think it's a good idea if students at least attempt their homework.

Antoninus Twink

Are you for real? How would doing someone's homework be helpful? It is
the worst thing you could do for the OP. Yes the regulars are dead
right to try to persuade such students to do their work or at least
try to do so.

Interesting. The "regulars" usually claim that the purpose of this group
is to answer questions about ISO C. Making moral judgments about the
motives of the questioners doesn't usually appear on the agenda - and in
this case, on grounds of pure speculation (the OP hasn't said that the
questions are homework).
Now what you have done is to provide him with answers that he will not
understand and will result in his having a very embarrassing meeting
with his teacher.

With respect, that is a very patronizing attitude. I have given him some
answers; what he does with them is his business.

If I were him, I'd work through them, make sure I understood them (and
look up or ask about anything that wasn't familiar), try to spot any
errors or weaknesses or possible improvements, maybe try to understand
some of the implementation choices made, and think for myself why they
were made and what benefits and problems there would be with alternative
choices.

Personally, I think analyzing a solution to a problem one has thought
about and failed to solve can be *extremely* conducive to understanding
- in fact, it's one of the main ways I learn new things.

As you say, maybe the questions are indeed homework and he will just
turn the solutions in directly. That is his business - he has to take
personal responsibility for his actions.
That assumes he will know where to find a curses library (which I
somewhat doubt he will manage)

Then he can always ask here! But as the question explicitly required a
solution using getch(), presumably the textbook or class he's using has
covered this.
No we are not mean spirited, just the contrary we are trying to get an
apparently lazy or inattentive student to face up to his problems
early enough to remedy them.

What evidence do you have that he's lazy or inattentive? Once again,
that is pure speculation on your part. Judging someone in the worst
possible light based on the evidence available - yes, I'd say that's
mean-spirited.

Antoninus Twink

And we also decline to do 'homework' unless there is some evidence of
effort by the OP. Look up the phrase 'tough love'.

I disagree with the policy of this royal "we", for the good reasons that
I supplied in my previous post and which you didn't bother to address,
or even acknowledge.
Oh and the OP will have plenty of examples of code to work through
either from the text book or from the class he is attending.

Seeing different people's different styles of C can be enlightening. For
example, many textbooks adopt a rather less careful approach to error
handling than I used - the contrast may be instructive.

Kenny McCormack

Interesting. The "regulars" usually claim that the purpose of this group
is to answer questions about ISO C. Making moral judgments about the
motives of the questioners doesn't usually appear on the agenda - and in
this case, on grounds of pure speculation (the OP hasn't said that the
questions are homework).

Yes. The hypocrisy is so thick you can cut it with a fork.
As you say, there is no evidence (in the scientific, not legal sense)
that this is homework. Just a bunch of speculation. Hint: If you
(I'm talking to the regs here) actually think these problems *are* homework,
then you are being thick as usual.

Andrew Poelstra

Seeing different people's different styles of C can be enlightening. For
example, many textbooks adopt a rather less careful approach to error
handling than I used - the contrast may be instructive.

A noble goal, but given that the OP has not constructed /any/ code,
even code from his (possibly incompetent) professor or textbook, it
seems a little unlikely that he'll choose to study /your/ code in
depth.

Had he posted his own solution and asked for criticism, he would
have gotten excellent criticism, inincluding advice on making his
code stable and more portable - and there almost always is good
advice here, at least initially.

(After that, once the OP has probably left, somehow it always turns
into a fight about Standard this or real-life that, who has a Cray
in his bedroom and why all the world's a Vax.)

Antoninus Twink

Had he posted his own solution and asked for criticism, he would
have gotten excellent criticism

Really? That would make a change.

He'd probably get the usual bullshit about having his main() function
return an int, and not casting the return value of malloc(), and not
returning an undefined status to the implementation, and the rest of the
pedantic details the "regulars" delight in banging on about.

Useful criticism about C style above the level of minute details, or
choice of algorithm, or trade-offs to consider when implementing it? I
doubt it, not if history is anything to go by C style above the level of
minute details, or choice of algorithm, or trade-offs to consider when
implementing it? I doubt it, not if history is anything to go by.
(After that, once the OP has probably left, somehow it always turns
into a fight about Standard this or real-life that, who has a Cray in
his bedroom and why all the world's a Vax.)

Yeah, funny how that works, isn't it?