Problemi With Exchange Server 2000 SP4 and CDO

Roberto

Hi,
I have Windows Server 2003 + IIS 6.0 with all the security
patches released by Microsoft installed until Today.

I have an ASP page that calls a method of an object installed under COM +

<%....

Set ObjMsg = CreateObject("ObjName","ClassName")
ObjMsg.Recipient = .....
'This method use CDO
ObjMsg.send
%>

The method is written so:

160 Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
170 Set Flds = iConf.Fields
' Set the CDOSYS configuration fields to use port 25 on the SMTP
server.
180
Flds.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
'cdoSendUsingPort
190
Flds.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = <
ip address >
200
Flds.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpconnectiontime
out") = 30
210 Flds.Update
230 Set objMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
250 Set objMsg.Configuration = iConf

270 objMsg.From = mSender
280 objMsg.To = mRecipient
290 objMsg.Subject = mSubject
300 objMsg.TextBody = mBody
310 objMsg.Bcc = mBcc
320 objMsg.Cc = mCc
330 objMsg.ReplyTo = ""
370 On Error Resume Next
380 objMsg.Send

On another server is installed the mail server ExChange Server 2000 with SP4
and my application try to communicate with it.

When CDO try to post the messages to exchange server sometimes the following
error happens:

"The transport failed to connect to the server"

IT'S A RANDOM ERROR: sometimes the communications between ExChange Server
2000 and CDO works but other times the communications doesn't works and CDO
gives the error over.

I think it'isn a firewall otherwise the error should appear always.

What's the cause of the error ? There are knows problems between CDO and
ExChange Server ?

Thanks.

Roberto.

--
_______________________________

Roberto Leo
Analista-Progammatore
Ex Machina
Recruiting Service Provider

Int.: + 39 051 58 706 36
Fax : + 39 051 444 914

(e-mail address removed)
www.exm.it

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Roberto,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

[MSFT]

Hello,

What is the error number for the problem, 2142270973 or 0x80040213?
Normally, this kind of problem may be related to DNS issues. When the
problem occured, you may try to ping your Exchange Server with server name
and IP addess, will it return successful message?

Luke

Roberto

We use the Ip Number to communicate with Exchange server The ping with
ExChange Server works. It's a RANDOM PROBLEM. The ExChange server always
work.

Bye, Rob.

(e-mail address removed)
www.exm.it

[MSFT]

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for the information.

Did you find the exact error number yet? And, is there any proxy/firewall
between the two servers? Is there any antivirus software installed on them.
When the problem occur, you may try to ping the server with IP, will it be
success?

Luke