Problems accessing a MySQL database using an Access linked table

James Bird

Hello

In order to perform a hetrogeneous join (I think that's what they're called)
between MySQL and another database, I've created an Access database
containing linked tables from each datasource.

I create the linked tables without any problems, clicking on "save password"
before selecting the desired tables. I can then access both tables fine from
within the Access GUI.

The problem starts when I then try to access this data from my ASP.NET web
application - classic ASP works fine but .NET gives me...

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--connection to
'MyDSN' failed.

From then on, the Access database remains locked (.LDB file in the same
directory) and I get a similar error when I run my ASP page, which
previously worked.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
--
Regards
James Bird

Web Manager
The Dolls House Emporium
Tudor Models Ltd
(e-mail address removed) www.dollshouse.com
Tel: 01773 514405 Fax: 01773 513772

solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No liability
is accepted for the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in
this email.

If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender that you have
received it in error, and do not use, distribute, print or copy it.

Joe Gass

Hi James, perhaps another approach would be to load up the 2 tables
separately into separate datatable objects then join them with a
datarelation - I've not tried it tho'