Problems accessing a password protect database

chanmmn

- Go to task manager to check whether you have a session of that database
open. That may coursed by your code.
- Start MS Access but not double click NewGoodGas.mdb. Open NewGoodGas.mdb
from the File -> Open dialog. Make sure you click Open button and not Open
Exclusive.

Good luck.
chanmm

DanB

I am using VB DotNet Std Edition and am writing a web application that needs
to read and write to an password protected database.

The mdb files reside in a folder (fpdb) under the localhost
(c:\inetpub\wwroot)

Within the IDE I can view the data using the server explorer and I use that
same oledb connection for the web form.

I have tried accessing a non-password protected db in the same folder using
the same code and that connection opens fine. So my problem must be with
the password protection.

The exception occurs when I try to open the database. It states:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\fpdb\NewGoodGas.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively
by another user, or you need permission to view its data."

Anybody got any help for me here?

Dan

DanB

I do not use software package the MSAccess. So I don't think your suggestion
will work.

I tend to think that the problem lies in the authentication process. It is
not the same for a web site as opposed to a windows application. I can open
this database under VB Dotnet application code when designed for a windows
application but I have problems when designed for a web application. So I
think that is where the problem lies.

Dan