Problems accessing a XML-file

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* K Viltersten wrote in comp.lang.javascript:
I've been laborating with an external package
(ExtJS, i don't know how well known it is).
When i try to run their examples from their
site, everything works well. When i run the
same example from my local host, i get the
following error message in FireBug.

System.Web.HttpException: HTTP-verb POST used
to access the path /DynamicFeedback_test01/xm
l-form.xml is invalid (not allowed?)

Your server rejects the POST request. You have to reconfigure your
server to accept it (if that is what you want). Consult your server
manual for how to do that.
The strange thing is that when i enter this:
http://localhost/.../xml-form.xml
i get to see the file. However, when the very
same file is requested by the form, i get the
error instead.

When you enter the address in the browser's address bar, it will use
a GET request, not a POST, and your server is configured to allow the
GET request.

K Viltersten

I've been laborating with an external package
(ExtJS, i don't know how well known it is).
When i try to run their examples from their
site, everything works well. When i run the
same example from my local host, i get the
following error message in FireBug.

System.Web.HttpException: HTTP-verb POST used
to access the path /DynamicFeedback_test01/xm
l-form.xml is invalid (not allowed?)

The strange thing is that when i enter this:
http://localhost/.../xml-form.xml
i get to see the file. However, when the very
same file is requested by the form, i get the
error instead.

I've asked on the forum of ExtJS but they
didn't know how to help me. It was said "it
should work". :)

I feel that this group is a little of a long
shot but i have basically nowhere else to go
in order to get rid of the problem.

Any suggestion is very welcome.

Álvaro G. Vicario

K Viltersten escribió:
I've been laborating with an external package (ExtJS, i don't know how
well known it is). When i try to run their examples from their site,
everything works well. When i run the same example from my local host, i
get the
following error message in FireBug.

System.Web.HttpException: HTTP-verb POST used to access the path
/DynamicFeedback_test01/xm
l-form.xml is invalid (not allowed?)

The strange thing is that when i enter this:
http://localhost/.../xml-form.xml

Create a POST form and check whether you can get the file that way:

<form action="http://localhost/.../xml-form.xml" method="post">
<input type="submit">
</form>

If you can't, then it's something related to your web server's
configuration (it's not accepting POST requests).

Bart Van der Donck

Bjoern said:
* K Viltersten wrote in comp.lang.javascript:

Your server rejects the POST request. You have to reconfigure your
server to accept it (if that is what you want). Consult your server
manual for how to do that.

It could be possible that the web server accepts POST-requests, but
not in certain directories or for certain file extensions. Mostly
there is no need to perform POST-requests to XML-files. Maybe that's
why it's blocked.

I would suggest to rename 'xml-form.xml' to 'xml-form.asp' and add

to see if that works for the original poster. The better solution is
obviously to alter server config file in order to allow POST for XML.

Hope this helps,