    Will appritiate any help.

    Cheers,
    Oleg

    Oleg Skopincevs, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Oleg Skopincevs

    Jan Tielens Guest

    If you didn't do anything special, you'll probably use the ASPNET account to
    run your web services. So you must check if this account has enough rights
    to access the DCOM object.

    To make sure it involves security (or related) problems, I usually try to
    run the service with an admin account. BUT DO NOT FORGET TO RESTORE THE
    ORIGINAL SETTINGS! :)

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens
    ________________________________

    "Oleg Skopincevs" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I am stuck on a problem of creating an object via DCOM from a

    webservice
    > component. Code:
    >
    > Dim sl As LogonSrv.SysLogon = CreateObject("LogonSrv.SysLogon",

    LogonServer)

    > Is there some kind of security involved in accessing DCOM components?

    If

    Jan Tielens, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Hi Jan,

    Thanks for reply. What service is it you are referring to? There is one
    called 'ASP.NET State Service' which was not running at all. And it's the
    only service set to run under ASPNET account.

    Oleg

    Oleg Skopincevs, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Yes. If you want to access DCOM object.
    You must take security into consideration.

    As i understand your DCOM object is a standalone exe.
    You need to run dcomcnfg.exe and give ASP.NET account permissions to start
    and access permissions.

    You can do it 2 ways.
    1. Per APPID just find it in the list of Applications and Click "Properties"
    then tab Security
    2. Global. Just go and change it in tab "Default Security"

    Also in Identity tab you can specify the account this DCOM object will run
    under.
    You can use "Launching user" if you do not need anything special. Then your
    EXE will run under ASP.NEt account.

    Georger.

    George Ter-Saakov, Feb 12, 2004