Problems accessing dot net web service from java client

David Laub

I've also posted this issue to a Sun/java formum, but since it appears to be
an integration issue, this may be the better place to posr:

I have written a dot net/c# Web Services doesn't fully work with J2ME client

a) c# web service works with c# WIndows Client (local & remote web service)
b) c# web service works with J2ME client - when the Web Service is local
c) c# web service fails with J2ME client - when the Web Service is remote

error/exception:

"Missing SOAP Body or Envelope" -- This occurs at the point of invoking the
remote Web Service

Similar/Identical problem documented in Sun Forum: (but no resolution for
over two months!)

http://forums.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=520204&tstart=240

Speculation:

a) dot net Web Services are "different" from Java Web services - yet it
works fine in local mode
b) error is a misnomer & there is some other problem, perhaps fixable thru
Web.config changes remotely??
- changed Web.Config authentication (from Windows to none), but this made
no difference
- changed back to default web service namespace of tempuri.org, but this
made no difference