Problems Arising When Migrating to New Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Will Chamberlain, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. I just moved a web application to it's new home on the server. One
    feature of the application allows a user to create sort of a portfolio.
    They start this process by typing into a textbox the name of the
    portfolio, submitting, adding items. When I run this from VS.net
    (localhost) it works fine. After uploading it to the server I get an
    error stating:

    Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use
    an updateable query.

    [OleDbException (0x80004005): Operation must use an updateable query.]
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(Int32
    hr) +41

    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPA
    RAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +174
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object&
    executeResult) +92
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior
    behavior, Object& executeResult) +65
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior
    behavior, String method) +112
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +66
    DrawingList.WebForm5.btnSubmitDrawingListNumber_Click(Object sender,
    EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DrawingList\Index.aspx.vb:55

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.Rai
    sePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
    +33

    As you can see, I have included the stack trace. I have no idea how to
    read it and look for errors so if someone could give some feedback that
    would be appreciated.

    - will

    ---
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
    stop thinking of ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do
    we." President George W. Bush

    Will Chamberlain, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Nevermind. Database permissions issue.

    ---

    Will Chamberlain, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Are you using MS Access database?. I have seen this error with Access & ASP
    because of permission issues... Granting write permission for ASPNET user
    account on the FOLDER wheer MDB file may help

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JlZWppdGggUmFt?=, Oct 6, 2005