Problems Arising When Migrating to New Server

Will Chamberlain

I just moved a web application to it's new home on the server. One
feature of the application allows a user to create sort of a portfolio.
They start this process by typing into a textbox the name of the
portfolio, submitting, adding items. When I run this from VS.net
(localhost) it works fine. After uploading it to the server I get an
error stating:

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use
an updateable query.

[OleDbException (0x80004005): Operation must use an updateable query.]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(Int32
hr) +41

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPA
RAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +174
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object&
executeResult) +92
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior
behavior, Object& executeResult) +65
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior
behavior, String method) +112
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +66
DrawingList.WebForm5.btnSubmitDrawingListNumber_Click(Object sender,
EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DrawingList\Index.aspx.vb:55

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.Rai
sePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
+33

As you can see, I have included the stack trace. I have no idea how to
read it and look for errors so if someone could give some feedback that
would be appreciated.

- will

Guest

Are you using MS Access database?. I have seen this error with Access & ASP
because of permission issues... Granting write permission for ASPNET user
account on the FOLDER wheer MDB file may help