Problems debugging .NET website

Mike P

Hi,

I'm trying to debug an .NET website. This is a 2005 website that has
been converted from a 2003 project. When I debug the default page I get
the error 'unable to evaluate expression because the code is optimized
or a native frame is on top of the call stack' whenever I try to do a
redirect.

So I have tried to alter the code to remove the redirect, but any time I
make any changes to the code, whenever I place a breakpoint, it always
gives the circle with a question mark in it. And when I run the code it
seems to run exactly as it did before I made the changes.

Also, whenever I build the website, no changes are made to the dll, and
the dll has a slightly different name to the project.

I'm tearing my hair out with this, I hope somebody can help.

Thanks,

Mike

Juan T. Llibre

Besides posting here, where you may or may not get the answer you need,
I suggest that you post your debugging questions to the VS debugging newsgroup
on this same server : microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging.