Problems executing example code from xruby

Axel Etzold

Dear all,

I am experiencing problems while executing the example
script from xruby, which should generate Java *class
code from ruby *rb scripts.
So the error I am getting requires some Java,
and xruby rather than ruby knowledge.

I am going through the example at

http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/XRubyHackingGuide,
and I get the error below.

From the little Java I know so far, I suspect
that this error is due to java not finding the class
file that xruby generates. Is this true? Where are they
stored -- inside a *jar file ? How do I tell java where they are?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Axel

axel@dhcppc1:~> java -jar test.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/xruby/runtime/lang/RubyProgram
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)

Luis Parravicini

From the little Java I know so far, I suspect
that this error is due to java not finding the class
file that xruby generates. Is this true? Where are they
stored -- inside a *jar file ? How do I tell java where they are?

axel@dhcppc1:~> java -jar test.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/xruby/runtime/lang/RubyProgram

Haven't used xruby myself but com.xruby.runtime.lang.RubyProgram
seems from xruby and not from the generated code. Maybe you need xruby
in your classpath? Putting the needed jars on the environment variable
CLASSPATH or using java -classpath argument might help. Try something
like 'java -classpath /path/to/xruby.jar -jar test.jar'

You can read http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/solaris/classpath.html
or http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/classpath.html
for more information on how to set up the classpath.