Problems in accessing pages from a local server

gemel

I have a wireless networked peer-to-peer LAN and I can access web
pages on the Internet. I have a development platform for ASP and I can
access all pages on this machine by using the localhost address.
However, if I try to access the development machine from another
client on the LAN then I fail to access the server. The IIS on the
server is set for Anonymous Access.

Any clues please?

Regards

John L

John Saunders

gemel said:
I have a wireless networked peer-to-peer LAN and I can access web
pages on the Internet. I have a development platform for ASP and I can
access all pages on this machine by using the localhost address.
However, if I try to access the development machine from another
client on the LAN then I fail to access the server. The IIS on the
server is set for Anonymous Access.

Please provide some detail. What do you mean, "fail to access the server"?

John Saunders

gemel

The message I get back is that the 'The page you are looking for is
currently available ...'. But this only occurs from another client on
the peer-to-peer LAN.

Regards

John L

Hans Kesting

gemel said:
The message I get back is that the 'The page you are looking for is
currently available ...'. But this only occurs from another client on
the peer-to-peer LAN.

Regards

John L

Are you using the correct IP-address or machinename?
The dev-machine is only "localhost" from the machine itself, not from
some other machine on any network Sorry if you already know this (basic)
fact, but you didn't specify what URL you used from the other machine.

Hans Kesting

gemel

Are you using the correct IP-address or machinename?
The dev-machine is only "localhost" from the machine itself, not from
some other machine on any network Sorry if you already know this (basic)
fact, but you didn't specify what URL you used from the other machine.

Hans Kesting
Yes, I used http://<netbios name> from the client I was accessing. I
also used the http://<ip address of web server> just in case but I
still get the same message. I can ping the web server successfully.

Regards

John L