Problems in merge.py when building the Python MSI installer

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gabriel Genellina, Nov 1, 2009.

  1. I'm trying to build a Python MSI installer for Windows using the scripts
    provided at Tools\msi\

    msi.py runs fine and generates a python-xxx.msi file.
    Then, when I run the merge.py script, I get these error messages:

    e:\prog\python\py3k\Tools\msi\msilib.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the sets
    module i
    s deprecated
    import re, string, os, sets, glob, subprocess, sys, _winreg, struct
    Opened Log
    Opened DB
    C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
    Modules\Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.ms
    Opened Module C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
    Modules\Microsoft_V
    C90_CRT_x86.msm
    Errors:
    4 _Validation _Validation
    Modkeys: _Validation Nullable
    DBKeys: _Validation Nullable
    4 _Validation _Validation
    Modkeys: CustomAction Type
    DBKeys: CustomAction Type
    4 _Validation _Validation
    Modkeys: File Sequence
    DBKeys: File Sequence
    C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
    Modules\policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90
    _CRT_x86.msm
    Opened Module C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
    Modules\policy_9_0_
    Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm
    Errors:
    5 ModuleInstallExecuteSequence InstallExecuteSequence
    Modkeys: SxsInstallCA
    DBKeys: SxsInstallCA
    5 ModuleInstallExecuteSequence InstallExecuteSequence
    Modkeys: SxsUninstallCA
    DBKeys: SxsUninstallCA
    4 _Validation _Validation
    Modkeys: _Validation Nullable
    DBKeys: _Validation Nullable
    4 _Validation _Validation
    Modkeys: CustomAction Type
    DBKeys: CustomAction Type
    4 _Validation _Validation
    Modkeys: File Sequence
    DBKeys: File Sequence
    Start of Media 2644

    The final .msi file appears to work fine as long as I can tell.
    Error type 4 is "msmErrorTableMerge" and type 5 is
    "msmErrorResequenceMerge", but I don't know enough of the msi technology
    to tell if those errors are important or not.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Gabriel Genellina, Nov 1, 2009