Problems in open new browser

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Utada P.W. SIU, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. Dear All,

    Firstly, I am soory that I don't know I posted in right newsgroup or not.
    Please forgive me.

    Let me explain my question:

    I am using ASP + HTML + MS SQL 2000 to generate a report which in excel
    format.
    Of course, I just make the contenttype = "application/vnd.ms-excel"

    One of my client using window XP professional with SP2

    when he tried to export that report, the report just open a while (within
    1-2s) and then close itself automatically.

    I have tried to export other report, which also in excel format, from other
    webbased system, but it sees have not any problem, it can open correct...

    And I have checked both file are using the same technologies (set
    contenttype, using asp, html and mssql 2000)

    Can you tell me what problems it have?
    Thanks~~

    Utada P.W. SIU, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Utada P.W. SIU wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > Firstly, I am soory that I don't know I posted in right newsgroup or
    > not. Please forgive me.
    >
    > Let me explain my question:
    >
    > I am using ASP + HTML + MS SQL 2000 to generate a report which in
    > excel format.
    > Of course, I just make the contenttype = "application/vnd.ms-excel"
    >
    > One of my client using window XP professional with SP2
    >
    > when he tried to export that report, the report just open a while
    > (within 1-2s) and then close itself automatically.
    >
    > I have tried to export other report, which also in excel format, from
    > other webbased system, but it sees have not any problem, it can open
    > correct...
    >
    > And I have checked both file are using the same technologies (set
    > contenttype, using asp, html and mssql 2000)
    >
    > Can you tell me what problems it have?
    > Thanks~~

    No. You will have to ask in a browser newsgroup. Try one of the
    "inetexplorer" groups.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET