Problems in using application pool of IIS 6.0 with ASP.NET

Shishir

Hi Guys,

Scenario::
I am using appplication pool identity to connect my database through
ASP.NET application. the identity is domain identity and i am giving
as domainname\username and with its password. I am using Windows
Integrated authentication for my ASP.NET application and application
pool's identity is part of IIS_WPG users group.

I am using VS.NET 2003 i.e. .NET framework v1.1.4322.

Problem::

Application runs fine when I browse from my computer but it start
giving username / password pop-ups (NT Authentication Pop-up) when i
try to browse from another machine.
I have given proper read/execute permission to application pool
identity in following folders::
Temporary ASP.NET Files and ASP.NETClientFiles folders which are
located in C:\<system root>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<.NET version>.

Could anybody guide me here what can I do to resolve this problem.

Thanks.
--Shishir

Axel Dahmen

Well, I guess you've already tested this, but is that second computer a member of your domain? If it is, did the user perhaps set the IE security settings to "Always log on manually"?

HTH,
Axel Dahmen

Shishir a

Thanks for the reply, I have checked it , IE settings are showing
"Automatically logon only in Intranet zone".

and it's not the problem with my machine , whenever we try to access
from different machine it gives problem, btw, machines are in same
domain.

Thanks.
--Shishir