problems installing plugins in eclipse-2.1.2

Edwin Litterst

Hi,

because I'd like to try the new visual editor I installed the new version of
eclipse. VE works just fine, but I am not able to install some of the
plugins I used before.
E.g. the jboss-ie plugin can't be installed, the error message is (for all
plugins I cannot install now):
Feature requires plug-in "org.eclipse.ant.ui"

I couldn't find this plugin in my old installation.

Am I doing something wrong or what's the problem here?

Eddie

Sudsy

Edwin said:
Hi,

because I'd like to try the new visual editor I installed the new version of
eclipse. VE works just fine, but I am not able to install some of the
plugins I used before.
E.g. the jboss-ie plugin can't be installed, the error message is (for all
plugins I cannot install now):
Feature requires plug-in "org.eclipse.ant.ui"

I couldn't find this plugin in my old installation.

Am I doing something wrong or what's the problem here?

Eddie

There are two different "flavours" of Eclipse: the platform version
and the development version. You've apparently installed the platform
version. I had the same problem when trying to install JBoss-IDE so
your problem definitely rang a bell.

Edwin Litterst

There are two different "flavours" of Eclipse: the platform version
and the development version. You've apparently installed the platform
version. I had the same problem when trying to install JBoss-IDE so
your problem definitely rang a bell.

No, I didn't install the platform build. The file I downloaded is
eclipse-SDK-2.1.2-win32.zip. Platform build would be
eclipse-platform-2.1.2-win32.zip.

Eddie

Sudsy

Edwin said:
No, I didn't install the platform build. The file I downloaded is
eclipse-SDK-2.1.2-win32.zip. Platform build would be
eclipse-platform-2.1.2-win32.zip.

Eddie

So what's in your $ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.ant.core_2.1.1
directory?

Edwin Litterst

So what's in your $ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.ant.core_2.1.1
directory?

..options
about.html
antsupport.jar
lib
plugin.properties
plugin.xml

lib contains antsupportlib.jar

These are the same files as in my "old" 2.1.0 installation which works just
fine.

Eddie