Problems launching legacy windows app from webservice

Odin Jensen

I use Process.Start and the process starts alright, but there's no
window and it just halts there using 0% CPU time.
Has this something to do with security issues (I.e. aspnet_wp.exe are
not allowed to execute the file) or is it because the exe is not
within the IIS virtual directory?

Thanks in advance

Odin Jensen

richlm

Does your legacy app do (or require) any screen I/O on
startup?

The process presumably gets started under the context of
the ASPNET user, for which there is no interactive logon
session (and therefore no desktop).

It sounds like you are starting your app but that it is
waiting for something.