problems locating the concurrent EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package

Discussion in 'Java' started by Pep, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Pep

    Pep Guest

    I have a test java program that has this at the top

    import EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.*;

    but when I compile it I get this error

    $ javac -classpath concurrent/ test.java
    test.java:17: package EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent does not exist
    import EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.*;
    ^
    test.java:169: cannot access SynchronizedBoolean
    bad class file: concurrent/SynchronizedBoolean.class
    class file contains wrong class:
    EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.SynchronizedBoolean
    Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
    classpath.
    private static SynchronizedBoolean x = new
    SynchronizedBoolean(false);
    ^
    2 errors

    I have downloaded and compiled the concurrent package in to the concurrent/
    directory so it should exist?

    Cheers,
    Pep.
    Pep, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Pep

    jan V Guest

    Hi Pep, for the 1.5 JDK the bulk of this concurrent.* package got promoted
    by Sun to java.util.concurrent. This info should take you a step closer to
    compiling.. though it will require renaming of the imports.
    jan V, Aug 15, 2005

  3. Pep

    Pep Guest

    jan V wrote:

    > Hi Pep, for the 1.5 JDK the bulk of this concurrent.* package got promoted
    > by Sun to java.util.concurrent. This info should take you a step closer to
    > compiling.. though it will require renaming of the imports.

    Unfortunately I am using java 1.4
    Pep, Aug 15, 2005
  4. Pep

    John Currier Guest

    John Currier, Aug 15, 2005
  5. Pep

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:00:21 +0100, Pep <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >I have downloaded and compiled the concurrent package in to the concurrent/
    >directory so it should exist?

    what does your classpath look like? copy/paste it here for us to look
    at.

    copy/paste the complete qualified name of a compiled file in the
    concurrent package.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html
    Roedy Green, Aug 16, 2005
  6. Pep

    Pep Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:00:21 +0100, Pep <> wrote or
    > quoted :
    >
    >>I have downloaded and compiled the concurrent package in to the
    >>concurrent/ directory so it should exist?

    > what does your classpath look like? copy/paste it here for us to look
    > at.
    >
    > copy/paste the complete qualified name of a compiled file in the
    > concurrent package.
    >
    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html

    I solved the problem. Turned out to be the classpath in the make file.

    Thanks,
    Pep.
    Pep, Aug 16, 2005
  7. Pep