Problems migrating to new machine

bh

I had a machine with VS2003 & Win2K adv. server, which crashed. I have a
new one with WinXP, and I loaded VS2003 (Dev Ed) and some existing
projects...

When I tried to open any projects, at first I got the message that my
current server was not running the framework 1.1 I have both 1.1 & 2.0
installed, due to Windows update, so I went to the IIS manager, and set the
projects application directory explicitly to 1.1

I was then able to open the project, however, when I wanted to view in
browser, I get the following message:

Access to the path
"c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\MyProjectName\979db8d7\11d72ea7" is denied.

I then tried to open a new project, got the same framework versioning error,
so back in IIS set the Default Web Site to use 1.1, then created a new
project with a label and again tried to "View in Browser", and again got the
same "access denied" error to the temporary path it was trying to create.

This is a brand new machine, with a fresh Visual Studio Installation. Does
anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

BH

Guest

Grant the ASPNET account (and any others necessary, depending on your
configuration) write access to the Temporary Files directory specified in the
exception message (the parent directory).
Peter

Guest

I was then able to open the project, however, when I wanted to view in
browser, I get the following message:

Access to the path
"c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\MyProjectName\979db8d7\11d72ea7" is denied.

I then tried to open a new project, got the same framework versioning
error, so back in IIS set the Default Web Site to use 1.1, then
created a new project with a label and again tried to "View in
Browser", and again got the same "access denied" error to the
temporary path it was trying to create.

This is a brand new machine, with a fresh Visual Studio Installation.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Turn off Microsoft Indexing Service - it causes problems with ASP.NET.

bh

Thanks for your quick response, however, I'm still having trouble:

I've granted full control of
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

mymachine\aspnet
mydomain\aspnet
as well as to the Internet Guest Account (mymachine\IUSR_mymachine)

to (almost) no avail. The new project, which I had created was suddenly
able to run and view the label, however, the other existing projects on my
machine, weren't.

Also, the Microsoft Indexing service is not running. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

BH