Problems migrating to new machine

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bh, Apr 18, 2006.

  1. bh

    bh Guest

    I had a machine with VS2003 & Win2K adv. server, which crashed. I have a
    new one with WinXP, and I loaded VS2003 (Dev Ed) and some existing
    projects...

    When I tried to open any projects, at first I got the message that my
    current server was not running the framework 1.1 I have both 1.1 & 2.0
    installed, due to Windows update, so I went to the IIS manager, and set the
    projects application directory explicitly to 1.1

    I was then able to open the project, however, when I wanted to view in
    browser, I get the following message:

    Access to the path
    "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\MyProjectName\979db8d7\11d72ea7" is denied.

    I then tried to open a new project, got the same framework versioning error,
    so back in IIS set the Default Web Site to use 1.1, then created a new
    project with a label and again tried to "View in Browser", and again got the
    same "access denied" error to the temporary path it was trying to create.

    This is a brand new machine, with a fresh Visual Studio Installation. Does
    anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

    BH
    bh, Apr 18, 2006

  2. Grant the ASPNET account (and any others necessary, depending on your
    configuration) write access to the Temporary Files directory specified in the
    exception message (the parent directory).
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Apr 18, 2006

  3. bh

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "bh" <> wrote in

    > I was then able to open the project, however, when I wanted to view in
    > browser, I get the following message:
    >
    > Access to the path
    > "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    > Files\MyProjectName\979db8d7\11d72ea7" is denied.
    >
    > I then tried to open a new project, got the same framework versioning
    > error, so back in IIS set the Default Web Site to use 1.1, then
    > created a new project with a label and again tried to "View in
    > Browser", and again got the same "access denied" error to the
    > temporary path it was trying to create.
    >
    > This is a brand new machine, with a fresh Visual Studio Installation.
    > Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

    Turn off Microsoft Indexing Service - it causes problems with ASP.NET.
    Spam Catcher, Apr 18, 2006
  4. bh

    bh Guest

    Thanks for your quick response, however, I'm still having trouble:

    I've granted full control of
    c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

    mymachine\aspnet
    mydomain\aspnet
    as well as to the Internet Guest Account (mymachine\IUSR_mymachine)

    to (almost) no avail. The new project, which I had created was suddenly
    able to run and view the label, however, the other existing projects on my
    machine, weren't.

    Also, the Microsoft Indexing service is not running. Any other ideas?

    Thank you.

    BH

    bh, Apr 18, 2006