Problems running on hp dual core processor

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mike Driscoll, Sep 22, 2008.

  1. On Sep 22, 1:43 pm, jim-on-linux <> wrote:
    > Python help,
    >
    > I have a number of clients running a program built with
    > python 2.5.  One has just purchased an HP with a duel
    > core processor,  2.2G with .099g ram.
    >
    > On the new hp, when they try to print they get an
    > import error;
    > File win32ui.pyc line 12, in <module>
    > File win32ui.pyc, line 10, in _load
    > ImportError: DLL load failed:  The specified module
    > could not be found.
    >
    > The file is there The only difference I could find from
    > their other machines is the processor.

    I have people running my compiled python applications on single and
    dual core processors with no problem. I suspect that you may just need
    to compile your application with some different switches, such as
    bundle=3 in py2exe for example.

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Sep 22, 2008

  2. On Sep 22, 1:43 pm, jim-on-linux <> wrote:
    > Python help,
    >
    > I have a number of clients running a program built with
    > python 2.5.  One has just purchased an HP with a duel
    > core processor,  2.2G with .099g ram.
    >
    > On the new hp, when they try to print they get an
    > import error;
    > File win32ui.pyc line 12, in <module>
    > File win32ui.pyc, line 10, in _load
    > ImportError: DLL load failed:  The specified module
    > could not be found.
    >
    > The file is there The only difference I could find from
    > their other machines is the processor.

    I should note that I have had issues if I didn't include all the DLLs
    that were needed. This error doesn't say exactly which DLL is the
    issue. I recommend downloading Dependency Walker to find out what it
    is:

    http://www.dependencywalker.com/

    Mike

    jim-on-linux, Sep 22, 2008
  4. Mike Driscoll

    Miki Guest

    Hello,

    > I have a number of clients running a program built with
    > python 2.5.  One has just purchased an HP with a duel
    > core processor,  2.2G with .099g ram.
    >
    > On the new hp, when they try to print they get an
    > import error;
    > File win32ui.pyc line 12, in <module>
    > File win32ui.pyc, line 10, in _load
    > ImportError: DLL load failed:  The specified module
    > could not be found.
    >
    > The file is there The only difference I could find from
    > their other machines is the processor.

    Is it the same OS (XP vs Vista ...)?
    Try to run a small script importing win32ui from CMD, it might give
    you a better indication on which DLL is causing the problem.

    As suggested by Mike, run DependecyWalker on win32ui.pyd
    HTH,
    --
    Miki <>
    http://pythonwise.blogspot.com