Problems upgrading to Xalan-j 2.7

terry.jeske

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade an application that was previously running on
Xalan 1.4.2, to 2.7.0.

I have worked out the build issues and now the application compiles
with the new xalan and xerces. However, at runtime I get the following
error when I try to do a transform:

(Location of error unknown)org.xml.sax.SAXException: Can not resolve
namespace prefix: xalan

Our stylesheets rely heavily on custom extensions called with the
abbreviated format, example:

<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0'
xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan"
xmlns:util='xalan://il.ss.XSLExt'
xmlns:SSExtEnv='xalan://il.ss.SSExtEnv'
exclude-result-prefixes='util SSExtEnv xalan>

If I build and run with the older Xalan and Xerces everything works.
Any ideas?