Problems using Loki with MSVC

Pep

The following code from the Loki TypeManip.h header file is causing problems
with MSVC version 6.0

template <unsigned i>
struct TypeTag
{
struct Inner {char c;};
typedef Inner X;
STATIC_SIZE_ASSERT(X, i);
};

Any ideas how to solve this?

TIA,
Pep.

John Carson

Pep said:
The following code from the Loki TypeManip.h header file is causing
problems with MSVC version 6.0

template <unsigned i>
struct TypeTag
{
struct Inner {char c;};
typedef Inner X;
STATIC_SIZE_ASSERT(X, i);
};

Any ideas how to solve this?

TIA,
Pep.

VC++ 6.0 has poor support for templates. The original Loki won't compile on
it. There is a port to VC++ 6.0 but it is not fully compatible with the
original Loki

http://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~kaufmann/?page=lokiport

The only really satisfactory solution is to upgrade VC++ (current version is
7.1 and 8.0 is in Beta) or switch to another compiler.

Pep

John said:
Pep said:
The following code from the Loki TypeManip.h header file is causing
problems with MSVC version 6.0

template <unsigned i>
struct TypeTag
{
struct Inner {char c;};
typedef Inner X;
STATIC_SIZE_ASSERT(X, i);
};

Any ideas how to solve this?

TIA,
Pep.

VC++ 6.0 has poor support for templates. The original Loki won't compile
on it. There is a port to VC++ 6.0 but it is not fully compatible with the
original Loki

http://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~kaufmann/?page=lokiport

The only really satisfactory solution is to upgrade VC++ (current version
is 7.1 and 8.0 is in Beta) or switch to another compiler.

I seem to have version 5d of this already installed. The crazy thing is
that a colleague of mine iwth a identical setup can build the system!

Thanks,
Pep.