    connection and reconnect it. However other functions and other programs are
    still using the GPRS connection quite happily. Would anyone have experienced
    this issue or know where I could look to help solving it?

    Julian, Dec 4, 2007

  2. Julian wrote:
    > My first problem is: I am having an issue when using a web service.
    > The web service is written by another department and say its running
    > fine but when I call it, I sometimes I get a system.net.webexception
    > return instead of the correct return. Would anyone have any advice or
    > suggest any extra debugging I could do to find out where this problem
    > might occur?

    Are you calling it via vbscript or jscript in a .asp page? if not, you're in
    the wrong newsgroup.

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    I have no problem speaking for them in this case: when you post to the
    proper newsgroup, provide more details. Nobody has a chance of solving this
    problem for you based on the information you have provided.

    > The second problem I am having is: I also called some functions
    > within the web service over GPRS and sometimes the function just
    > hangs. The only way I have found to get the function call to work
    > again is to disconnect the GPRS connection and reconnect it. However
    > other functions and other programs are still using the GPRS
    > connection quite happily. Would anyone have experienced this issue or
    > know where I could look to help solving it?

    Sorry, I don't know what GPRS is and don't have time to google for it right
    now ... perhaps you should try google to get your answer ...

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Dec 4, 2007

  3. Julian

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWFu?= wrote on 04 dec 2007 in

    > My first problem is: I am having an issue when using a web service.
    > The web service is written by another department and say its running
    > fine but when I call it, I sometimes I get a system.net.webexception
    > return instead of the correct return. Would anyone have any advice or
    > suggest any extra debugging I could do to find out where this problem
    > might occur?
    >
    > The second problem I am having is: I also called some functions within
    > the web service over GPRS and sometimes the function just hangs. The
    > only way I have found to get the function call to work again is to
    > disconnect the GPRS connection and reconnect it. However other
    > functions and other programs are still using the GPRS connection quite
    > happily. Would anyone have experienced this issue or know where I
    > could look to help solving it?

    This is a classic asp group.
    Dotnet questions c/should be asked in:

    <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Dec 4, 2007