Problems when calling functions within a web service

Julian

My first problem is: I am having an issue when using a web service. The web
service is written by another department and say its running fine but when I
call it, I sometimes I get a system.net.webexception return instead of the
correct return. Would anyone have any advice or suggest any extra debugging I
could do to find out where this problem might occur?

The second problem I am having is: I also called some functions within the
web service over GPRS and sometimes the function just hangs. The only way I
have found to get the function call to work again is to disconnect the GPRS
connection and reconnect it. However other functions and other programs are
still using the GPRS connection quite happily. Would anyone have experienced
this issue or know where I could look to help solving it?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Julian said:
My first problem is: I am having an issue when using a web service.
The web service is written by another department and say its running
fine but when I call it, I sometimes I get a system.net.webexception
return instead of the correct return. Would anyone have any advice or
suggest any extra debugging I could do to find out where this problem
might occur?

Are you calling it via vbscript or jscript in a .asp page? if not, you're in
the wrong newsgroup.

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

I have no problem speaking for them in this case: when you post to the
proper newsgroup, provide more details. Nobody has a chance of solving this
problem for you based on the information you have provided.
The second problem I am having is: I also called some functions
within the web service over GPRS and sometimes the function just
hangs. The only way I have found to get the function call to work
again is to disconnect the GPRS connection and reconnect it. However
other functions and other programs are still using the GPRS
connection quite happily. Would anyone have experienced this issue or
know where I could look to help solving it?

Sorry, I don't know what GPRS is and don't have time to google for it right
now ... perhaps you should try google to get your answer ...

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWFu?= wrote on 04 dec 2007 in
My first problem is: I am having an issue when using a web service.
The web service is written by another department and say its running
fine but when I call it, I sometimes I get a system.net.webexception
return instead of the correct return. Would anyone have any advice or
suggest any extra debugging I could do to find out where this problem
might occur?

The second problem I am having is: I also called some functions within
the web service over GPRS and sometimes the function just hangs. The
only way I have found to get the function call to work again is to
disconnect the GPRS connection and reconnect it. However other
functions and other programs are still using the GPRS connection quite
happily. Would anyone have experienced this issue or know where I
could look to help solving it?

This is a classic asp group.
Dotnet questions c/should be asked in:

<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>