Problems when uploading ASPNETDB.MDF to production server

3

3Dfelix

Problems when uploading ASPNETDB.MDF to production server

Hi all, I'm a little web with a login page and aspnetdb.mdf file as data base for users. I've done it on local server, with VS2005 and SQLExpress. On local it run OK. The problem araise when I upload the precompiled site to a production server. On production server I have SQLserver 2000.

I have read that I need to create on server the same db using the command aspnet_regsql.exe.

But I think it should be necessary any other steeps in order to tell the server where is aspnetdb.mdf data base, etc.

Any solution?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
I need to create on server the same db using the command aspnet_regsql.exe.

There's very explicit instructions covering asp.net 2.0/SQL Server 2000
data connections in this blog entry by Scott Guthrie :

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/08/25/423703.aspx

The section : "How do I change the providers to use SQL Server Instead of SQL Express?"
has instructions for everything you need to do.

re:
any other steeps in order to tell the server where is aspnetdb.mdf data base

You have to include the information in your web.config.

There's sample <configuration> <connectionStrings> settings in Scott's article.