    regards,
    Prith
    , Nov 16, 2005

  2. Dave Glasser Guest

    wrote on 16 Nov 2005 08:03:17 -0800 in
    comp.lang.java.programmer:

    >Hi All,
    > I have encounterd porblems in installing BDK(version 1.1).It
    >is giving the error "Installer could not find javaVM or the javaVm in
    >this system is too old.Installer requirs java1.1.5 or higher.". I am
    >using j2sdk1.4.2_05. Please help me regarding this.I have also tried
    >installing j2re1_4_2_06. and also, what is the exact difference
    >between jdk,j2sdk,j2re ..Please help me .

    If it's not already set, you might try setting the JAVA_HOME
    environment variable to the location of your JRE before you run the
    installer. If that doesn't work, then the problem is probably that
    your JVM is too new, rather than too old, and that's causing the
    installer to think it's invalid.

    --
    Check out QueryForm, a free, open source, Java/Swing-based
    front end for relational databases.

    http://qform.sourceforge.net

    If you're a musician, check out RPitch Relative Pitch
    Ear Training Software.

    http://rpitch.sourceforge.net
    Dave Glasser, Nov 17, 2005