Problems wiht nant

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ireneus Broncel, Oct 21, 2005.

  1. Maybe I am wrong here, but I have a problem with nant that I don't
    unterstand, I'm trying to compile an example ConsoleApp Project with
    net-1.1, and get the errror:

    log4net:ERROR LogLog: Exception while reading ConfigurationSettings.
    Check your .config file is well formed XML.
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Unknown configuration
    section appSettings
    (c:\Development\NET\Tools\nant-0.85-rc3\bin\nant.exe.config line 8)
    at
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(XmlTextReader
    reader, String configKey)
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationRecord.Load(String filename)
    at
    System.Configuration.DefaultConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.IConfigurationSystem.Init()
    at
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.SetConfigurationSystem(IConfigurationSystem
    configSystem)
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig(String
    sectionName)
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.get_AppSettings()
    at log4net.Util.LogLog..cctor()

    Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Unknown
    configuration section appSettings
    (c:\Development\NET\Tools\nant-0.85-rc3\bin\nant.exe.config line 8)
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.GetConfig(String
    sectionName)
    at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.get_AppSettings()
    at NAnt.Console.ConsoleStub.Main(String[] args)
    Unknown signal 79

    If I take the section appSettings out of nant.exe.config, than I can
    compile the project, BUT I need the appSettings sec. What's going wrong?

    Do know anybody something on the subject?

    Nant: 0.85 Release Candidate 1
    NET: net-1.1
    ConsoleApp is written in net 1.1

    Thx.
    Ireneus

    Ireneus Broncel, Oct 21, 2005

  2. Sorry I'm using :

    Nant: 0.85 Release Candidate 3

    Thx
    ireneus

    Ireneus Broncel, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Ireneus Broncel

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:08:25 +0200, Ireneus Broncel <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Check your .config file is well formed XML.

    To track that down, you have to figure out what "config file" they are
    referring to and post it.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 21, 2005
  4. Ireneus Broncel

    Bryce Guest

    wrote:

    >Do know anybody something on the subject?
    >
    >Nant: 0.85 Release Candidate 1
    >NET: net-1.1
    >ConsoleApp is written in net 1.1

    I think that asking in a C# or .NET group would produce better
    answers....

    --
    now with more cowbell

    Bryce, Oct 21, 2005