Problems with ø in XML file

TheMax

Hi,
first of all, excuse for my not good english.

I try to explain my problem, i generete a xml file from a Access 2k database
with a vba procedure, then I trasform my file with an xsl file.

No problem in testing all, but testing the program on customer's data the
problem occur when i found the symbol "ø" in object.

Here you are simple data in error
SEMPLICE Z=20 øp=121,78 CON FORO

Any suggestion to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance,
best regards,
Massimo

Martin Honnen

TheMax said:
I try to explain my problem, i generete a xml file from a Access 2k database
with a vba procedure, then I trasform my file with an xsl file.

No problem in testing all, but testing the program on customer's data the
problem occur when i found the symbol "ø" in object.

Make sure the XML file is created in a certain encoding and that
decoding is declared in the XML declaration at the beginning of the XML
file e.g.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
Or make sure you create the XML as UTF-8 then you don't need the XML
declaration.

Andreas Prilop

problem occur when i found the symbol "?" in object.

If you cannot even transmit special, non-ASCII characters correctly
in Usenet postings, don't expect to master them in XML.
In your would-be newsreader, you need to choose

Tools > Options > Send
Mail Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
News Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
Encode text using: None

TheMax

If you cannot even transmit special, non-ASCII characters correctly
in Usenet postings, don't expect to master them in XML.
In your would-be newsreader, you need to choose

Tools > Options > Send
Mail Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
News Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
Encode text using: None

I have already disabled the html posts, but the second option (Plain Text
Settings) was not ok (was unicode),
now I set my mailreader, excuse me

Best regards,
Massimo