Problems with ø in XML file

Discussion in 'XML' started by TheMax, Sep 18, 2005.

  1. TheMax

    TheMax Guest

    Hi,
    first of all, excuse for my not good english.

    I try to explain my problem, i generete a xml file from a Access 2k database
    with a vba procedure, then I trasform my file with an xsl file.

    No problem in testing all, but testing the program on customer's data the
    problem occur when i found the symbol "ø" in object.

    Here you are simple data in error
    SEMPLICE Z=20 øp=121,78 CON FORO

    Any suggestion to solve the problem?

    Thank you in advance,
    best regards,
    Massimo
    TheMax, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Re: Problems with =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=F8_in_XML_file?=

    TheMax wrote:

    > I try to explain my problem, i generete a xml file from a Access 2k database
    > with a vba procedure, then I trasform my file with an xsl file.
    >
    > No problem in testing all, but testing the program on customer's data the
    > problem occur when i found the symbol "ø" in object.

    Make sure the XML file is created in a certain encoding and that
    decoding is declared in the XML declaration at the beginning of the XML
    file e.g.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
    Or make sure you create the XML as UTF-8 then you don't need the XML
    declaration.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Re: Problems with ? in XML file

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, TheMax wrote:

    > problem occur when i found the symbol "?" in object.

    If you cannot even transmit special, non-ASCII characters correctly
    in Usenet postings, don't expect to master them in XML.
    In your would-be newsreader, you need to choose

    Tools > Options > Send
    Mail Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
    News Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
    Encode text using: None

    --
    Top-posting.
    What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?
    Andreas Prilop, Sep 19, 2005
  4. TheMax

    TheMax Guest

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Problems_with_=F8_in_XML_file?=

    Martin Honnen wrote:

    [CUT]
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

    Thank you very much
    now it's ok

    Best regards,
    Massimo
    TheMax, Sep 19, 2005
  5. TheMax

    TheMax Guest

    Re: Problems with ? in XML file

    Andreas Prilop wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, TheMax wrote:

    > If you cannot even transmit special, non-ASCII characters correctly
    > in Usenet postings, don't expect to master them in XML.
    > In your would-be newsreader, you need to choose
    >
    > Tools > Options > Send
    > Mail Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
    > News Sending Format > Plain Text Settings > Message format MIME
    > Encode text using: None

    I have already disabled the html posts, but the second option (Plain Text
    Settings) was not ok (was unicode),
    now I set my mailreader, excuse me

    Best regards,
    Massimo