Problems with ActiveX usage in C# usercontrol

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by BestNews, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. BestNews

    BestNews Guest

    OS: XP

    ..Net= framework = 1.0.3705

    VS.Net IDE = 7.0.9466

    1. I used an ActiveX control in C# client Application[has dll]. After
    executing Aximp of ActiveX control. I derived a class [DerivedGrid] from the
    AxHost[wrapper for ActiveX].

    This DerivedGrid class is hosted on a usercontrol[Tv class] which is inturn
    hosted on another UserControl[Idc]. In turn this Idc is hosted on a Form.

    Now the problem is: If the DerivedGrid class object is created and the Idc
    is hidden[Visiblity=false], then the WM_VISIBLE style of ActiveX control
    gets removed internally

    [when? no idea]. Can anybody help me out why this happens.

    2. I used a work around for the above problem by resetting WM_VISIBLE style
    in ActiveX control[temporarly]. This has resulted into another problem. Now
    the other problem is when I create 'n' numbers of DerivedGrid object and
    place them sequentially cross the viewing area and also I enable the
    AutoScroll on Tv class for viewing all the grids. Then Scroll few pixels in
    both horizontal and vertical direction and Click one of the DerivedGrid
    object , the DerivedGrid object gets clipped. This is a strange behaviour.

    Regards

    SK
    BestNews, Aug 20, 2003