problems with ajax , ascx and validation control not refreshing

Lord of Chaos

hi,
I have been porting my application ajax and I have been having problems.
basically I have an ajax tab control, which embeds a user control(ascx).
now, when I edit one of the fields(an ID Field, in this case) and click the
processing button(Search in this case), the tab control does not process the
button event. for example, I added the line tbId.Text='fixed' inside the
button event to test the control. however nothing happens.

here's a link to my website.

here's my website
http://20beta.invoicernow.com/Products/Add.aspx

account: testms
pwd: 1@a

In the FindById tab, click search. this must set the 'Enter Id''s text box
field to 'fixed' however this doesn't happen.
does anyone know any fixes?

Guest

In the FindById tab,  click search. this must set the 'Enter Id''s text box
field to 'fixed' however this doesn't happen.
does anyone know any fixes?

It does happen to me. If field is blank then I see "Required", if I
enter an id, the message becomes invisible.

I have IE8