Problems with allowOverride

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Robert Scheer, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Hi.

    I am trying to use allowOverride in my web.config file, in order to
    deny changes made by other configuration files. I want to allow only
    the main web.config file sitted on my root folder to work. I tried
    some different configurations with no success. When I run the
    application, it seems that my loginUrl parameter is ignored. That's my
    last web.config (only the relevant sections):

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>

    <location path="Brokers" allowOverride="false"> <!-- Does not work
    -->
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    <location path="Intro.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    <location path="News.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    <system.web>

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl = "Index.aspx" name = ".autind" protection="All"
    path="/" />
    </authentication>

    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>

    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Brokers is my root folder. How can I change web.config to deny other
    config files under my root folder?

    Thanks,
    Robert Scheer
    Robert Scheer, Aug 20, 2004