Problems with Applet.getDocumentBase() behaviour in all Java versions

MoleyHarey

Hi,

I am using an applet that communicates with another applet by passing
some parameters in the browser url, for example:

http://host:port/dir/applet.html?param1=xxx&param2=yyy

And in the second applet I use the getDocumentBase() method to read
those parameters, param1 and param2.

I have found that this is not working fine in some Java versions (from
1.3 to 1.4.1) as reported in the following bug:

My problem is that I need our applets' connection to work in ALL Java
platforms :/

Has anyone an idea on a workaround to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Mh