problems with archive-tar-external

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Bram Kuijper, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. Bram Kuijper

    Bram Kuijper Guest

    Hi all,

    as a ruby newbie I am trying to build a small script using Daniel
    Berger's archive-tar-external package:
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/shards/

    so I try to repeat the following example from the docs:
    http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/735/518/archive-tar-external.html

    #!/usr/bin/env ruby -w
    require 'rubygems'
    require 'archive/tar_external'
    Include Archive

    however, ruby will give the following error:

    tarfiles.rb:8: undefined method `Include' for main:Object (NoMethodError)

    does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

    thanks,
    Bram

    Bram Kuijper, Jul 31, 2007

  2. Bram Kuijper