Problems with BinaryWrite, IE and Adobe Reader 6.0

Jens S0nderby Munk

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the Reponse.BinaryWrite, IE 6.0 and Adobe Reader 6.0. When I try to write a pdf-file to an IE browser with a Adobe Reader 6.0 installed then it just displays a blank page and the earth on the top rigth corner keeps turning like it haven't read the pdf-file (for 10+ minutes on a lan).

If I change the settings on the Adobe Reader 6.0 to not open in a browser, then it works fine.
If I use Mozilla 1.4 then it opens fine as well.
It works fine as well with Adobe Reader 5.1.

The code looks like this:
[Some code that places the pdf-file in a byte array called vntStream]
Response.Clear
Response.ContentType = "Application/pdf"
Response.BinaryWrite = vntStream
Response.end

I have tried to place a Response.Flush after the BinaryWrite, but it just makes the Adobe plug-in say something like "document corupted".

Can anyone help, please.

/Jens

Alan

Hi there,

Is this a typo:
Response.BinaryWrite = vntStream

BinaryWrite is a function, not a property. Have you tried persisting the PDF
to disk and Response.Redirecting?

Cheers,

Alan

Jens S0nderby Munk said:
[...]

Jens S0nderby Munk

Alan said:
Hi there,

Is this a typo:
That is of course a typo
BinaryWrite is a function, not a property. Have you tried persisting the PDF
to disk and Response.Redirecting?
Yes, I have tried that, and it works, but this is not a option as the PDF-fiels are not public accessable and the access control is done by the application. The conplexity of the access control does not allow me to place the files in a tree structure with access control.

/Jens