    Phil Grimpo
    Executive Director
    Inspirmedia

    Grimps, Jul 25, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed =?Utf-8?B?R3JpbXBz?=
    <> writing in

    > Here's my workflow... I've built a CMS and users enter their content
    > through a WYSIWYG component which is a text area replacement. Then I
    > save that data to a flat file with an ASP extension (I've used FSO as
    > well as Text Streaming with Charset UTF-8).
    >
    > When the page renders, I do a Server.Execute to present this file
    > inside the design. The problem is that I get all sorts of weird
    > characters. especially with some spaces, returns and especially on
    > curly quotes. Also... at the top of the file I get the BOM characters.
    > My pages are also using UTF-8. Has anyone else seen this? How can I
    > fix it?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Phil Grimpo
    > Executive Director
    > Inspirmedia

    Do you have a URL? What is character set is the server sending?

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 26, 2008

  3. "Grimps" <> wrote in message
    > Here's my workflow... I've built a CMS and users enter their content

    through
    > a WYSIWYG component which is a text area replacement. Then I save that

    data
    > to a flat file with an ASP extension (I've used FSO as well as Text

    Streaming
    > with Charset UTF-8).
    >
    > When the page renders, I do a Server.Execute to present this file inside

    the
    > design. The problem is that I get all sorts of weird characters.

    especially
    > with some spaces, returns and especially on curly quotes. Also... at the

    top
    > of the file I get the BOM characters. My pages are also using UTF-8. Has
    > anyone else seen this? How can I fix it?

    Most likely you've failed to inform the browser that it is getting UTF-8.
    You need:-

    Response.CharSet = "UTF-8" at the top of your host page.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jul 26, 2008
  4. Grimps

    Phil Grimpo Guest

    I tried adding that to the top of my host page and it didn't seem to
    work. Take a look at http://www.lutherhaven.com/ Notice the left
    side, the BOM ( ) at the top of the file and then the boxes
    throughout the left side. Any other ideas? Is there something I'm missing?

    Thanks!

    -Phil

    Phil Grimpo, Jul 26, 2008
  5. Grimps

    Phil Grimpo Guest

    I've been seeing this more and more on the web. Anyone have any ideas
    how to fix this?

    Thanks!

    -Phil

    Phil Grimpo, Aug 12, 2008