Problems with Continuum and Subversion over https

Discussion in 'Java' started by Arne Styve, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. Arne Styve

    Arne Styve Guest

    Hi,

    We are working on setting up a development environment based on Maven 2,
    Subversion via https on Apache, and using the Continuum tool for continuous
    integration.

    We managed to get Continuum up and running, and managed to add our Maven 2
    project to it, but it will not build. Get the following errormessage:

    Provider message: The svn command failed.
    Command output:
    svn: PROPFIND request failed on
    '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi'
    svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi': Server
    certificate verification failed: certificate issued for a different
    hostname, issuer is not trusted (https://osc.hials.no)

    Subversion (commandline and Tortoise) works fine from the same machine. I.e.
    I have downloaded the certificate and accepted it, but it seams that
    Continuum needs to download a certificate on its own, and rejects it due to
    the difference in host name.

    Anyone had experience with this problem ?

    Regards
    Arne

    PS! If there is an other newsgroup better suited for this question, please
    let me know...
    Arne Styve, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Arne Styve

    Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:44:43 -0000, Arne Styve <>
    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > We are working on setting up a development environment based on Maven 2,
    > Subversion via https on Apache, and using the Continuum tool for
    > continuous
    > integration.
    >
    > We managed to get Continuum up and running, and managed to add our Maven
    > 2
    > project to it, but it will not build. Get the following errormessage:
    >
    > Provider message: The svn command failed.
    > Command output:
    > svn: PROPFIND request failed on
    > '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi'
    > svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi':
    > Server
    > certificate verification failed: certificate issued for a different
    > hostname, issuer is not trusted (https://osc.hials.no)
    >
    > Subversion (commandline and Tortoise) works fine from the same machine.
    > I.e.
    > I have downloaded the certificate and accepted it, but it seams that
    > Continuum needs to download a certificate on its own, and rejects it due
    > the difference in host name.
    >
    > Anyone had experience with this problem ?

    Is changing the certificate on the server an option? It's probably the
    best way to fix the problem.

    We had a different problem with Continuum and Subversion (something to do
    with authentication) that was solved by switching Continuum to use the
    pure Java version of the command line client
    (http://svnkit.com/kb/user-guide-command-line-client.html) instead of the
    standard command line client.

    > PS! If there is an other newsgroup better suited for this question,
    > please
    > let me know...

    Not sure, I've set follow-ups to comp.lang.java.softwaretools only.

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.dandyer.co.uk
    Daniel Dyer, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Arne Styve

    Danno Guest

    Arne Styve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are working on setting up a development environment based on Maven 2,
    > Subversion via https on Apache, and using the Continuum tool for continuous
    > integration.
    >
    > We managed to get Continuum up and running, and managed to add our Maven 2
    > project to it, but it will not build. Get the following errormessage:
    >
    > Provider message: The svn command failed.
    > Command output:
    > svn: PROPFIND request failed on
    > '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi'
    > svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi': Server
    > certificate verification failed: certificate issued for a different
    > hostname, issuer is not trusted (https://osc.hials.no)
    >
    > Subversion (commandline and Tortoise) works fine from the same machine. I.e.
    > I have downloaded the certificate and accepted it, but it seams that
    > Continuum needs to download a certificate on its own, and rejects it due to
    > the difference in host name.
    >
    > Anyone had experience with this problem ?
    >
    > Regards
    > Arne
    >
    > PS! If there is an other newsgroup better suited for this question, please
    > let me know...

    What do you have on: $user.home/.scm/svn-settings.xml
    Danno, Dec 1, 2006
  4. Arne Styve

    Arne Styve Guest

    "Danno" <> wrote
    >> Subversion (commandline and Tortoise) works fine from the same machine.
    >> I.e.
    >> I have downloaded the certificate and accepted it, but it seams that
    >> Continuum needs to download a certificate on its own, and rejects it due
    >> the difference in host name.
    >>
    >> Anyone had experience with this problem ?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Arne
    >>
    >> PS! If there is an other newsgroup better suited for this question,
    >> please
    >> let me know...

    > What do you have on: $user.home/.scm/svn-settings.xml

    I'm running the Subversion Repository on a Windows 2003 server, and my svn
    klient on my desktop PC running Windows XP. Cannot find a file called
    svn-settings.xml on my PC. Where should it be located ? And what should I
    look for in that file ?

    Arne
    Arne Styve, Dec 5, 2006
  5. On Dec 1, 8:44 am, "Arne Styve" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are working on setting up a development environment based on Maven 2,
    > Subversion via https on Apache, and using the Continuum tool for continuous
    > integration.
    >
    > We managed to get Continuum up and running, and managed to add our Maven 2
    > project to it, but it will not build. Get the following errormessage:
    >
    > Provider message: The svn command failed.
    > Command output:
    > svn: PROPFIND request failed on
    > '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi'
    > svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/osc/CommonComponents/Java/trunk/Modbus2Csi': Server
    > certificate verification failed: certificate issued for a different
    > hostname, issuer is not trusted (https://osc.hials.no)
    >
    > Subversion (commandline and Tortoise) works fine from the same machine. I.e.
    > I have downloaded the certificate and accepted it, but it seams that
    > Continuum needs to download a certificate on its own, and rejects it due to
    > the difference in host name.
    >
    > Anyone had experience with this problem ?
    >
    > Regards
    > Arne
    >
    > PS! If there is an other newsgroup better suited for this question, please
    > let me know...

    Not sure if this is useful given your tools set.... but we dropped the
    http usage for subversion in favor of using the svn:// protocol as we
    have found it to be more stable in our environment.

    Andrew
    andrewmcdonagh, Dec 5, 2006
  6. Arne Styve

    Danno Guest

    Arne Styve wrote:
    > "Danno" <> wrote
    > >> Subversion (commandline and Tortoise) works fine from the same machine.
    > >> I.e.
    > >> I have downloaded the certificate and accepted it, but it seams that
    > >> Continuum needs to download a certificate on its own, and rejects it due
    > >> the difference in host name.
    > >>
    > >> Anyone had experience with this problem ?
    > >>
    > >> Regards
    > >> Arne
    > >>
    > >> PS! If there is an other newsgroup better suited for this question,
    > >> please
    > >> let me know...

    > > What do you have on: $user.home/.scm/svn-settings.xml
    > >

    > I'm running the Subversion Repository on a Windows 2003 server, and my svn
    > klient on my desktop PC running Windows XP. Cannot find a file called
    > svn-settings.xml on my PC. Where should it be located ? And what should I
    > look for in that file ?

    In the user.home. But that may not matter.
    Check this out....

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/>
    Danno, Dec 5, 2006
  7. Arne Styve

    Arne Styve Guest

    Hi Dan & Danno,

    I've now decided to leave Continuum and jump on Cruise Control instead. I
    cannot seem to get passed my last problem.

    Thanks for creative suggestions from you both !

    Regards
    Arne
    Arne Styve, Dec 20, 2006