Problems with current site when use .NET framework 2.0

Mutley

Hi,
I have a site that works fine with v1.1. but when I run with v2.0 I
get the following HTTPException when trying to browse a page "There is
no build provider registered for the extension .sppx". It has further
details on how to define a buildProvider within machine.config or
web.config.

The exception is thrown from a custom handler I wrote that defines an
application mapping for my custom pages *.sppx.

The custom handler has the following code ..

IHttpHandler handler =
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance( context.Request.FilePath,
context.Request.PhysicalPath, context );
handler.ProcessRequest(context);

The exception is thrown in the GetCompiledPageInstance call.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate help with
1. Has anyone encountered this themselves?
2. Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?
3. My main problem is that at runtime I want to find what framework
version is being used (can get this with System.Environment.Version)
and then if it is v2.0, configure the buildProvider setting somehow so
the framework will load the page correctly. Anyone have any ideas how
to do this at runtime.

Thanks in advance for any help
John