Problems with datagrid/viewstate on pocket explorer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Kvitepus, Nov 10, 2004.

  1. Kvitepus

    Kvitepus Guest

    I have a problem with an application which is used by pocket explorer on a
    mobile device. The problem is described in article 320708, "PRB: Cannot edit
    data in grid from Windows CE-based device" on your support site.

    To solve this problem I have to save and load viewstate manually when
    accessing pages where this problem occur. I have managed to do this, but the
    files I save need to be deleted after use and that is not easy.

    I manage to delete these files if the user pushes a "logout"-button, but if
    he just ends his session without pushing this logout-button these files
    remain there.
    I have tried to delete these files when the Session_on_end event raises, but
    nothing happens....

    Are there any other way I can do this ??
    Will the known error in article 320708 be corrected in later versions ???

    Thanks in advance
    Kvitepus

    Kvitepus, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Hi Kvitepus,

    I'm not on the Pocket IE team so I can't say for sure, but I suspect that
    they will not be dramatically increasing the allowed size of the form data
    they will allow. A Pocket PC is a resource-challenged device in many
    respects.

    Have you tried just overriding SavePageStateToPersistenceMedium and
    LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium and saving your Viewstate to Session?

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
    ASP.NET Developer Support

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Nov 10, 2004