Problems with dynamic VHDL file IO

Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I'm having trouble with dynamic VHDL file IO. I need to open multiple files within one testbench and the file names are not available until the testbench is running. This means that I cannot statically set the file names as strings in the testbench.

I can currently get input and output files to open for a single text file but not for multiple stimulus files. Any ideas?

Within the test bench i generate a variable with the name of the file and the path. However, im struggling to open the file with the variable once i have updated it.

SOS