Problems with FireFox

Discussion in 'XML' started by yoni cohen, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. yoni cohen

    yoni cohen Guest

    --I'm not a developer and am not very familiar with web design. But I
    had a quick question about Firefox I had hoped you might be able to
    answer. Thanks for your time and consideration!--

    I just updated my blog template and am having a display
    problem with Firefox. Some text -- but not all text -- appears really,
    really small. See screenshots below.

    Any time or suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated!!!
    My site is at http:/collegeball.blogspot.com.

    Here are three screenshots from Firefox users:

    http://83tilinfinity.com/images/ranom/yoniblog2.gif
    http://83tilinfinity.com/images/random/yoniblog.gif
    http://www.chambana.net/~jeychaner/cb_cap.jpg

    My code is available on my site, by visiting
    http:/collegeball.blogspot.com and going to "View Source." If you have
    any ideas on how to fix the
    problem, they'd be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Yoni Cohen

    yoni cohen, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Two suggestions:

    1) Use relative font sizes, such as 'small',
    'medium', 'large', 'x-large', etc, with the main
    body text being 'small' or 'medium'. This will
    ensure that the font should be readable by
    everyone with reasonable browser settings, and
    the font sizes will scale properly if needed.

    2) Your page claims to be XHTML, however it is
    not valid XHTML.

    On a side-note, justified text should only be used for printed media. On
    computer monitors, it can be difficult to read.

    I hope that helps.

    The Square Root of Negative One, Nov 30, 2004