    * libxslt
    * libxml-ruby bindings

    Can anybody help me?
    Roman Parashchenko, Oct 15, 2010

  2. From: "Roman Parashchenko" <>
    > I am looking for ruby expert for installing 'libxslt-ruby' gem on
    > Windows with Ruby 1.9.2 via Bundler.
    >
    > The main problem is it is dependent on the following libraries to
    > function properly:
    >
    > * libm (math routines: very standard)
    > * libz (zlib)
    > * libiconv
    > * libxml2
    > * libxslt
    > * libxml-ruby bindings
    >
    > Can anybody help me?

    Hello Roman,

    if you are using cygwin you can probably find those libraries in the setup
    program.
    I was able to install rails by installing most of the above libraries in the
    cygwin setup program.

    Good luck!

    Daniel
    Daniel Lidström, Oct 15, 2010

  3. Roman Parashchenko

    Luis Lavena Guest

    On Oct 15, 9:47 am, Roman Parashchenko <> wrote:
    > I am looking for ruby expert for installing 'libxslt-ruby' gem on
    > Windows with Ruby 1.9.2 via Bundler.
    >
    > The main problem is it is dependent on the following libraries to
    > function properly:
    >
    >     * libm (math routines: very standard)
    >     * libz (zlib)
    >     * libiconv
    >     * libxml2
    >     * libxslt
    >     * libxml-ruby bindings
    >
    > Can anybody help me?

    Please ask the gem author to provide binaries for MinGW based ruby
    (RubyInstaller) -- which is hte one I assume you're using.

    Indicate to him to look at projects like sqlite3-ruby, nokogiri and
    rake-compiler on GitHub:

    http://github.com/luislavena/rake-compiler
    http://github.com/luislavena/sqlite3-ruby
    http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri

    rake-compiler provides the building blocks to create binary gems from
    Linux or OSX.

    Examples of usage generating "fat-binaries" supporting both 1.8 and
    1.9 are in sqlite3-ruby and nokogiri build and uses libxml, which may
    serve as guidance.

    You can also point the developer to RubyInstaller group:

    http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller/

    Where other Windows Ruby developers might help him getting things
    working to provide these binaries.

    I know it doesn't solve the problem, but is a start.

    --
    Luis Lavena
    Luis Lavena, Oct 15, 2010