    removed Oracle. Now IIS works again. But my problem is - I've to to
    with both dotnet & oracle - how to achieve this?
    Plzz help. Thankz in advance......
    dev_cool, Dec 11, 2005

  2. dev_cool

    KJ Guest

    You can change the default port for IIS. On the properties page for the
    Default Web Site (in IIS admin), change the TCP port property to
    something other than port 80. Restart IIS.
    KJ, Dec 12, 2005

  3. dev_cool

    dev_cool Guest

    thankz KJ, well I did just that. But still there is problem. Say for
    example I change it to 84. Now when I type http://localhost:84 & press
    return key - the welcome screen comes out,but the second window that
    comes out with the iis help screen does not-i mean it does saying
    "cannot find server". I tried to refresh it but again without any
    result. I changed the port no to others like 88 etc....but all in vain.
    Plzz help!!
    dev_cool, Dec 12, 2005
  4. dev_cool

    KJ Guest

    This is because the virtual directories under the default web site
    (such as iishelp) still have their default port property set to 80.
    KJ, Dec 12, 2005
  5. dev_cool

    dev_cool Guest

    If that is so, how to change the port no of the virtual directories? I
    go to their properties tab & did not found any option to change the
    ports.

    dev_cool, Dec 14, 2005