problems with IIS impersonation

Guest

Hi,

I am having problems setting up a website which needs to be available
only inside the domain. I have set up a website on one of our servers. When I
remote in to the server and login to the website, it is working fine. But
when I try to login from my local computer it is giving the error "Login
failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'." If I remote in to the server
and login to the website and leave the remote desktop open and try logging in
from my local computer, it works fine. But if I logoff from the remote
desktop and try logging in from my local computer, it gives the same error.
I am using Anonymous login option. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Phil Hall

Sridhar said:
Hi,

I am having problems setting up a website which needs to be available
only inside the domain. I have set up a website on one of our servers. When I
remote in to the server and login to the website, it is working fine. But
when I try to login from my local computer it is giving the error "Login
failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'." If I remote in to the server
and login to the website and leave the remote desktop open and try logging in
from my local computer, it works fine. But if I logoff from the remote
desktop and try logging in from my local computer, it gives the same error.
I am using Anonymous login option. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Hi Sridhar,

I think you need to say a bit more about how you've set this up before
anyone can diagnose your problem.

With ASP.NET (which I assume you are using here) you have two elements
in the authentication chain.

(1) IIS which is controlled by the site/virtual directory properties
using the Directory Security tab

(2) The authentication mode and identity settings in the web.config
file.

Could you explain how you have these things set up?

Also could you clarify what you mean when you say you "log in" to the
web site. This appears contradictory to your statement that you are
using "anonymous login"

Phil Hall