Problems with ImageButton Refresh

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andre Grumbach, Aug 25, 2010.

  1. Hallo NG,
    I've got a Problem on an ASP.Net Page.

    This page shows some data in a tree view and in a drop down list.
    There are also two image buttons (expand all and refresh)

    If some user clicks permanently on the button expand all, there will be
    sometime a problem with the ASP Page.

    Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using
    <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
    EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
    feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
    from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid
    and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method
    in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback
    argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages
    enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
    EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
    feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
    from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid
    and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method
    in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation
    is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or
    <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes,
    this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events
    originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the
    data is valid and expected, use the
    ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register
    the postback or callback data for validation.]
    System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String
    argument) +159
    System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String
    eventArgument) +108
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.LoadPostData(String postDataKey,
    NameValueCollection postCollection) +55
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String
    postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +11
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean
    fBeforeLoad) +353
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1194

    The Page Load Event from the page is also using a try/catch expression, but
    there

    There is NO custom event for the postback like (__doPostBack('MyEvent',
    'MyEventArg')).

    So is there any solution for this problem or can somebody tells me a
    possibility whats the invalide postback or callback argument (name and
    values)?

    Thanks,
    Andre

    Andre Grumbach, Aug 25, 2010

  2. Hi again,
    the solution EnableEventValidation="false" is not a possibility in this
    page.

    Andre Grumbach, Aug 25, 2010