Problems with Indexing Service for Search Engine

Brent

Hi,
I have indexing servicing working fine on my test server for a search engine
in C# ASP.NET, but when I tried to make one on our live server, its not
working correctly. The index only returns results for pages in the root so
far. It seems like the indexing doesn't want to finish. It is listed as
Paused(User Active) or whatever it says. I tried to do a manual "Rescan
(Full)" but it doesn't kick in. It just stays paused. The server is really
not that busy. Even if it was busy, it should have finished in the middle of
the night or something. What can I try?

AMI

It's been a while since I worked with Index Server, but I remember
encountering that issue while I was developing that same integration. I
would tell my local Index Server (via the MMC Snap-In) on my workstation to
index the workstation ... and then if I started to use my workstation for
other things, it would detect that and pause indexing with that same
message....which made sense to me because the user (me) _was_ active. My
assumption was that Index Server was designed to detect local activity like
that.

I did not have this problem once the solution was deployed to a production
server with limited local access.

Brent

Exactly. It's works fine local for me also. Pausing and unpausing depening
on activity. On our test server, same thing, works fine, pauses, unpauses.
But on our live server, it's like it's stuck on pause.