Problems with insert statement using SSL(Verisign)

mvr

Hi all

I are using IIS 5.0, Oracle 8.1.

I am having problem with the following Insert Statement when used on
Production Web server with SSL(https://...., Verisign).
This doesn't occur everytime. Our studies shows that it is occurring
approximately between1-2% of the total applications/Year(70-80K).
After adding some debugging, the insert statement, after failing, is giving
the following error:
Error NUmber: #-2147217833
Error Desc[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-01401: inserted
value too large for column

Ironically, 75% of the time, when the users resubmit the page the record
will be inserted.

Insert into TABLE_NAME (APPLICANT_ID, ACAD_YR, SSN, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME,
MIDDLE_INITIAL, DATE_OF_BIRTH, STREET_ADDRESS, APARTMENT, CITY, STATE_CODE,
COUNTY_CODE, ZIP_CODE, EMAIL_ADDRESS, HOME_PHONE_NUMBER, OFF_PHONE_NUMBER,
FAX_PHONE_NUMBER, APPLICATION_RECD_DATE, MAIL_MEDIUM_IND, APP_TYPE_CODE,
GENDER_CODE, TITLE_FLAG, OWE_REPAY_FLAG)
Values (99057577,2005,'P00009775','TEST','BETA',Null,'02-FEB-1975','1940
BRENTWOOD',Null,'CITY','FL','37',12345,Null,Null,Null,Null,'14-FEB-2005','S'
,'P','F','N','N')

I am thinking the problem is while the data is being transferred through
SSL(during the process of encryption and/or decryption it is inserting some
kind of junk characters?????)

While generating the sql I took every step to trim unwanted characters,
empty spaces but we are still getting the error.

Any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
mvr

mvr

Hi all

After the suggest from on of the member(Thanks!!), I started writing SQL in
a text file.
The out come is:

One of my drop down box is having a default value as null but it displays
text as "SELECT NAME"
The code goes as follows
<select name = "selName">
<option value="" selected> SELECT NAME

My Request.Form("selName") is returning "SELECT NAME" instead of Null value.

This doesnot happen often, on resubmitting (the second submit) it retruns
Null.

Does any one ran into this situation.

Any suggestions and help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Venkat